Aromatherapy: Scent and Psyche
Author: Peter & Kate Damian
Aromatic oils have been used for thousands of years not only for their fragrance but for culinary, therapeutic, ritual, and spiritual purposes. More than a fashionable trend, aromatherapy is coming into its own as a body of knowledge and practice with specific applications that have a solid scientific base.
• How scent interacts with emotion, memory, mental acuity, and sleep
• Why specific scents are so effective in therapeutic and ritual settings
• Antiseptic and antimicrobial properties of essential oils
- How men and women differ in their responses to odors
• Provides a thorough exposition of the ancient practice of aromatics in China, India, Persia, and Egypt
• Details our modern scientific understanding of the physiology and psychology of scent.
• Includes annotated profiles for forty-four essential oils and specific instructions for creating essential oil blends.
Find a course you would like to study, add it to your shopping cart, and then purchase it from our secure website.
After purchase, a friendly staff member will formally welcome you with a phone call or email, and answer any additional questions you may have.
Should you wish to enrol by telephone, phone us on 1300 13 14 72 within Australia. For students overseas, the number is +61 7 3217 3170.
Enrol anytime - and study at your own place in the comfort of your own home.